- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Release Date: Aug 13, 2018
DECLARE YOUR ALLEGIANCE
Azeroth paid a terrible price to end the apocalyptic march of the Legion's crusadebut even as the world's wounds are tended, it is the shattered trust between the Alliance and Horde that may prove hardest to mend. As this age-old conflict reignites, join your alliesDECLARE YOUR ALLEGIANCE
Azeroth paid a terrible price to end the apocalyptic march of the Legion's crusadebut even as the world's wounds are tended, it is the shattered trust between the Alliance and Horde that may prove hardest to mend. As this age-old conflict reignites, join your allies and champion your faction's causeAzeroth's future will be forged in the fires of war.
RECRUIT ALLIED RACES
Explore Azeroth as new playable Allied Races, including four you've encountered in your campaign against the Legion. Embark on a quest to earn their favor and unlock each race, adding their strength to your faction. Create a new character and complete the full leveling experience to earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set.
As a hero of the mighty Alliance, journey to the seafaring kingdom of Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore. Untangle a web of betrayal and dark magic as you encounter power-hungry pirates, witches wielding death magic, mystical sea priests, and more. Explore the stony peaks of Tiragarde Sound, trek across Drustvar's high plains and red forests, and navigate the intricate inland canals of Stormsong Valley as you convince this fractured kingdom to join your cause.
Prepare the Horde for war by recruiting the ancient empire of Zandalar. In this troll-dominated territory, ancient evil waits to be unleashed on the world as you battle crazed blood-troll worshippers, gargantuan dinosaurs, and titan constructs. Discover Zuldazar, the oldest city in Azeroth; unveil the bleak swamps of Nazmir; and traverse the deadly deserts of Vol'dun.
PLUNDER UNCHARTED ISLANDS
Set sail for the previously unmapped isles of Azeroth. Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intrudersor enemy playersto collect the island's resources. Constantly evolving challenges await as you traverse frozen landscapes near Northrend, open the gates of an abandoned Gilnean castle, navigate a war between elementals and more.
STORM THE WARFRONTS
Head to the frontlines and take part in a large-scale 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Build up your faction's forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to the objective, and battle the enemy commanders as they make their last stand in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles.
INFUSE ARMOR WITH TITANIC MIGHT
Take control of the Heart of Azerotha legendary neck piece entrusted to you by Magni Bronzebeard. Imbue it with Azerite, an invaluable resource that's emerged in the Legion's wake, to customize your armor with new powers and traits.
ENTER A WORLD DIVIDED
Experience the relentless conflict at the heart of the Warcraft saga. Play through six new zones filled with new World Quests, new World Bosses, new raids and more as you determine whether the Horde or Alliance will shape Azeroth's future.
* NEW LEVEL CAP
Stop the spread of the Blood God's corruption, unearth the secrets of a lost titan vault, and much more as you quest to level 120.
* NEW DUNGEONS & RAIDS
Fight through all-new dungeons like the golden city of Atal'Dazar, and the outlaw town of Freehold!
* CHARACTER BOOST
Advance a new or existing hero character to level 110 instantly, and be ready to join your new allies in battle!
Find adventurers who share common interests through in-game Communities and join cross-realm social groups.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
World Of Warcraft - Battle for Azeroth Features Overview
Autoplay On Off
Aug 28, 2018Battle for Azeroth launches strong by renewing the conflict between the Horde and Alliance. Blizzard offers two very different experiences this expansion with each faction having their own storyline on unique island nations. It's an enjoyable expansion during the leveling experience, but endgame currently has some issues with sparse weapon drops and clutter stemming from the new Azerite gear system. There are improvements to be made here, but what's available at launch is still very good.
Aug 30, 2018Unless Blizzard has some real story shake-ups and a phenomenally tuned raid on the horizon, I’m honestly expecting the sharpest player decrease to set in within the next few months. The expansion itself has some interesting ideas, but sticking to a World Quest grindfest is quickly becoming the norm, and the Island Expeditions aren’t exactly exciting.
Aug 13, 2018It's got trolls, it's got Mesoamerican art and architecture and its got dinosaurs. What more do you need? 13/10 Would recommend. I'm sureIt's got trolls, it's got Mesoamerican art and architecture and its got dinosaurs. What more do you need? 13/10 Would recommend. I'm sure there's some good Alliance stuff too, but whatever. For the Horde!… Expand
Sep 12, 2018This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This expansion feels like a job and not an escape or fun, constant grind for near meaningless rep. very few drops in quests or dungeon.
I don't take the bait for world quests or azerite grinding unless there is a specific item.
keep your azerite.
Pvp can be fun at times, but basically seems you v macros or botting.
and occassionally tank but if get azerite instead of something substantial that will stop.
Blizzard is already trying to bribe people into tanking or alliance into battlegrounds with added "bonuses"
It's basically how corporations treat their workers,long hours for a pat on head(rep)
Instead of getting gear you get IOUs in the form of azerite and rep.
And you can barely craft anything even food… Expand
Sep 22, 20181. Poorly implemented Global Cooldown on abilities
2. Ongoing removal of quality of life items and pruning of abilities
3. Developers did1. Poorly implemented Global Cooldown on abilities
2. Ongoing removal of quality of life items and pruning of abilities
3. Developers did not listen to any feedback during beta nor do they listen to the game's community (poor to no communication with its gaming community)
4. Numerous bugs on release
5. Time gating and other activities to draw out player engagement for sake of corporate metrics… Expand
Oct 16, 2018once again blizzard slowly shifting away from the masterpiece that world of warcraft once was, proving that they have no idea and or the willonce again blizzard slowly shifting away from the masterpiece that world of warcraft once was, proving that they have no idea and or the will of making a rewarding, fun experience like the most acclaimed expansion The Burning Crusade! amazing idea for world pvp completely ruined by no incentives and game modes to make it engaging and "meta" for players. good locations and graphics but terrible and ugly design for armors and weapons. boring end game because of non trackable "best in slot" items, random gear stats lottery, no unique legendaries in raids for bosses and again random and bland azerite system on 3 slots of your gear that nobody likes and that has been asked to be removed by the playerbase. if had to give a honest review i would give it a 5,5 out of 10, but comparing it with Classic wow, a game released in 2004 i have to give it a big red 0, just as the subscription time left on my account. **** you and **** your lottery for azeroth… Expand
Sep 12, 2018They have murdered this game. I will start by saying that I have played WoW since 2005. I have been a hardcore top 10 US guild raider, and IThey have murdered this game. I will start by saying that I have played WoW since 2005. I have been a hardcore top 10 US guild raider, and I have been an LFR trashcan pug. I can tell you guys that right now (and at launch as well), the game is not in a polished state characteristic of a full release game. It is clear that the game was rushed out, and that is why people are calling it "Beta for Azeroth".
A few key issues with the game:
1) Numerous bugs on release, such as invisible mobs, exploits, combat bugs, UI bugs, main story quest for Alliance was bugged and let people bypass Siege of Boralus (which means nobody even bothered to level an Alliance character on the live candidate to discover this bug) and once you were done with the quest, you couldn't zone into Siege lol! Just recently, there was a bugged mythic world quest in Atal'Dazar which resulted in double spawning of all the trash mobs (wtf?)!! Stuff like this is ridiculous, and pure beta quality.
2) GCD changes: The fact that everything is now on the GCD is extremely frustrating for most players. I don't think anyone enjoys this change, and it slows down the combat and makes the game feel clunky and less fun.
3) Azerite power/Artifact power/Azerite traits: Basically, the Azerite trait system feels very lackluster and RNG based due to it being tied to gear. The traits themselves often don't have much of an impact on how you play. The catchup mechanics of Artifact power makes farming Azerite feel pointless. Also, there are no new abilities from leveling the artifact. They also took away our Legion artifacts and legendaries, which were very exciting and fun traits. This is horrible design.
4) Scaling - The stat squish nerfed all secondary stat ratings across the board for every class. This makes combat slow, clunky, and awkward. The world mob health also scales with itemlevel, which is extremely frustrating. Furthermore, their scaling system is horribly broken and results in painfully long leveling for lowbies. The devs clearly don't have a clue. (For example, on live, they released a "fix" to PVP healing that resulted in lowbie chars having -1000 mana regeneration...wtf?)
5) Storyline - The game's story is pretty generic and scattered. They injected a feminist agenda into the game. I am all for feminism and equal rights/representation, etc. But when the vast majority of female characters are in leadership positions, and the male characters are portrayed as idiots, it is kind of obvious there is an agenda being pushed. Also, the whole way Darnassus was burned left a really bad taste in my mouth. I am not happy with the direction the story has taken, and I feel like WoW's lore has become mostly a joke ever since WoD. There is no context for Siege of Boralus to Horde, and no context for Uldir and King's Rest for Alliance (like there isn't even an intro quest to send you there.).
6) Faction bias: It really seems like the devs favor Horde. The recent warfront fiasco illustrates this. Alliance players feel like an afterthought. The way they sharded warmode doesn't seem to work correctly either. Overall, the imbalance leads to many unhappy players. Most top PVE and PVP guilds are now Horde.
7) Timegates/Rep Grinds/Grind: There is lots of waiting around in this game. (Wait for warfronts, wait for worldquests, wait for lockout resets, etc) You only get a limited number of world quests to do, and a lot of progress is tied to rep grinds where world quests are the only source of rep. The way they dealt with Allied Races was extremely dishonest (They seriously expect players to go back and run Legion's worst content to unlock these races?) Horrible grinds for crafted items. Mats are scarce. They have made demand for gold very high to incentivize token purchases.
8) Lack of polish: Be it the lack of flavor quests for raids and dungeons, lack of class fantasy and class specific quests, lack of profession quests, lazily not even making the make loh go quests randomly generated, etc, there is no shortage of a lack of polish here. The game feels like a crude beta. It seems like they meant to add things, but never bothered. The Uldir raid was released to be extremely difficult on normal, and unrealistic for pugs. They then stealth nerfed a lot of it. It's just dumb that they need to tune the entry level raid this much after having months of beta testing.
9) Class balance : PVP feels more Rock. Paper, Scissors than ever before, and PVE class balance is horrible. Feral druids and elemental shamans are really having a horrible time right now, and it's just sad.
So why do I give it a zero? In spite of all these issues, doesn't it deserve at least a 2? I say no because it is a HUGE step backwards from what WoW was. I have watched the quality of this game slowly decline due to Activision's greed and poor decisions by the dev team. I am giving it a zero because this is WoW, and we, the players, expected and deserved better than this.… Expand
Oct 16, 2018I knew going into this game that it would be more of a streamlined, watered down world of warcraft. I have been worried about this issue sinceI knew going into this game that it would be more of a streamlined, watered down world of warcraft. I have been worried about this issue since MoP and ever expansion it continues to get worse and worse. They are caring far less for the veteran and hardcore players to cater to new and younger, more casual players. I really think the best thing that can happen at this point is for new leadership that can bring back the complexity of early days wow and cater to both casuals and veteran hardcore players at least equally. In fact i think legion was better, the class halls were a great addition and concept that was fun. Its really dissapointing because i really want WoW to succeed, it holds a special place in my heart, but its been 3 expansions since ive truly been immersed in this game and i am really losing hope.… Expand
- (0 views)
- (0 views)